Frequently Asked Questions
- Individual sessions are 50 minutes in length.
- Couples counseling has a thorough assessment process which lasts 3 weeks, during this time the sessions are 80 minutes; following the assessment phase the sessions with then be 50 minutes.
- $200 for individual therapy
- $220 for couples therapy
Therapy is a financial commitment. It is an investment in yourself and your ability to become more aware of the patterns in your life that are destructive. Most people invest a lot of time and resources into their education, career, home, and physical health. I truly believe that therapy is an act of self-care and is an investment into yourself. For couples living in Los Angeles, the average cost of divorce is upwards of $30,000 AND research shows that if you get divorced once, you are 67% more likely to get divorced in a second marriage, and 74% in a third marriage! I am a large advocate of working in the marriage that you already have to reestablish a bond.
- Choosing a therapist is a very personal decision and because of the financial investment that is involved, I like to offer clients an initial consultation for free over the phone so that you can get a feel for my therapeutic style. Ask yourself: “Can I see myself feeling safe and comfortable with Daniella?” “Does it seem like Daniella really ‘gets’ me?”
- The duration of therapy is different for everyone so it is hard to have a cookie cutter answer. For some four to five-months is enough time, for others the process may be longer. On average, I would say most clients choose to continue therapy for at least 12 months.
- There is a 24 hours-cancellation policy or you will need to pay for the appointment. An occasional exception may be made in the case of an emergency.
- No, I am not a medical doctor. If you would like to be evaluated for psychiatric medication, I can make a referral or you may contact your primary care provider.